Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Our Trip to Maryland

A couple of weeks ago, I packed up the kids and drove 6 hours to see my triplet sister Rebecca.  Justin and I actually bought a new car a couple days before, so I was able to drive our new mini van down to Maryland.  We had to leave Justin behind but Jack, Cindy and I had a great time with Rebecca.  Rebecca and I planned ahead of time what we were going to do while we were down there.  We all had to sleep in her room but it worked out fine.  Jack slept in his pack n play, Cindy slept in a laundry basket and I slept with Rebecca in her twin size bed.  It brought back memories of when we were little and Rebecca would get scared at night and jump in my bed.  There was a little more room back then!  We had fun making dinner together and made extra so Rebecca would have meals frozen that she could eat during the week.  We made her 18 meals that she froze with her Seal a Meal.  Here are a bunch of pictures from our time in Maryland.

First we went to a park that had a mini train and Carousel.  Jack wasn't too excited to go on the train but after the second time he liked it much better, especially since we saw deer!



Jack wasn't to excited to go on the carousel either but he waved to me as he went around and kinda liked it when we went on again.  He didn't want to ride the horses though.



One day we just went to a park so Jack could run around and play.  We packed a picnic lunch and Jack had a lot of fun!




Then we went to the National Zoo in Washington D.C. which has free admission since it is part of the Smithsonian Institution.





One day, Rebecca and I wanted to go shopping at the outlets.  Luckily, there was a playscape that Jack could play on in between all the stores.  We also bribed him with M&Ms at each store.  He didn't complain much when we went to each store because he got an M&M when we left!


Now just a few more random pictures while we were with Rebecca.  I realized that we only got one picture of Cindy.  She of course was sleeping most of the time when we were out and about.


This is how Rebecca found Jack one night, reading his book in the pitch dark!



We all had so much fun with Rebecca and can't wait to see her again!

4 comments:

Kate said...

What a fun trip! That is a great idea to make meals and freeze them for future meals. Your kids are so cute. I love that they are little blondies. I wonder if they will darken up as they get older?

Unknown said...

How fun that must have been! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time! Congrats on making the drive (both ways) with 2 little kids..
So when Rebecca going to move back to Connecticut?? haha.. its so sad that you guys have to live so far away from each other and don't get to see each other all the time!

Lucas said...

Little Cindy is so cute.

Anonymous said...

what happened to updating your blog?