Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's a Girl!

We found out today that we are having a little baby girl! We are very excited to have a daughter. We have decided to name her Cynthia Danae after both of her grandmas. The whole time during the ultrasound, Jack just wanted his mama to hold him which of course I couldn't. Hopefully that's not a glimpse of the future when Cindy is here and I can't hold him because I'm holding her! I am very excited to be able to buy all those cute dresses for our baby girl. Every time we're out shopping, I see all the little dresses and can't wait to have a girl who can wear them.

On another note, Jack turned 18 months on Valentine's Day! We can't believe how big he is getting. He went to nursery for the first time on Sunday. Jack did really well. He didn't even cry when Justin dropped him off. The only thing he did do was try to escape! He got one of the doors open and was trying to find us. His nursery teachers distracted him and then he was fine. It's amazing to see and hear the things he can do now. Jack has started to say two words together and his vocabulary just keeps growing. We are a little sad that he is growing up so fast but also excited to see the new things he learns everyday!

9 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

Congratulations! Have fun shopping for girl stuff!

Of Pandas and Pirates said...

Congratulations! Little girls are awesome! Let me know if you need anything. :)

Unknown said...

How exciting!! I love it when kids names have meanings behind them.. thats what we did with Travis. Now you get to go out and buy tons of cute girl things!! I love it when baby girls wear those cute little frilly dresses.. Hope you're feeling good with this pregnancy!! Hopefully Jack wont be too jealous when his new little sister comes

Sarah said...

Congratulations!!!
Girls a super fun to dress up.

Crystal said...

Congratulations!! I agree, girls are so fun to shop for and dress up!

Kabe 'n Dave said...

YAY! That's so exciting Ashley! I hear baby girls are thee funnest to shop for :). Good luck with everything, and congratulations from both Dave and me. Dave says to tell Justin howdy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Justin and Ashley, and little Jack of course.
We're so happy to hear your news, Cindy Danae is one lucky little girl to be born into such a wonderful, close family.
Love and Best Wishes
The Pickerings
PS I can't believe how big Jack is. There's something about winter, we don't see all the growing they do.
Hope to see you soon'

Lifes Great Adventures said...

Congrats! We are excited for you guys! Girls clothes are so cute! Cindy I am sure is smiling in heaven thinking of how special it is you are naming her grandaughter after her!

Margo said...

What wonderful news. You will love having a girl. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.