Monday, January 25, 2010

Homemade Bean Bags

Our nephew Ethan turned one last week so I decided to make him some bean bags for his birthday (and some for Jack)  I found a turtorial on how to make them at this blog: http://chezbeeperbebe.blogspot.com/2010/01/tutorial-and-pattern-counting-bean-bags.html

You can find all the instructions and supplies at the blog linked above but I'll just show a quick how to right here.  First, (after I purchased the supplies) I cut out 5X5 squares out of muslin.  I bought pre-cut patterned fabric squares for the other side so I didn't have to cut those out.



Then, I cut numbers out of fusible web and the same patterend fabric as above.


Next, I sewed the numbers on to the muslin.



Finally, I sewed the muslin and patterend fabric together, filled them with beans and sewed them shut.



I had fun making them and the boys love them!





(I couldn't help but put up all three pictures of Jack!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Im going to have to try it.. what a good idea!

Unknown said...

Great idea for left over fabric! Thank you, I will have to give that a try.

Jaedyn said...

These are awesome! I'm going to have to give them a try... I know my daughter would love something like this.

Kabe 'n Dave said...

LOVE THEM! Totally gonna do some of these for my nieces and nephews. :) Well done!