Monday, April 28, 2008

It's Been Awhile

It’s been awhile since I last posted. The last two weeks were great for Jack and me. First Justin had vacation then my mom had vacation!! Jack was really spoiled both weeks. He was hardly ever put down and now I have to deal with the repercussions of that.

When Justin was on vacation we went to Massachusetts to visit my uncle and aunt and go to the Boston temple. My grandmother came up with us and it was a nice little vacation away from home.

On Saturday April 19th, Jack had his first trip to the ER. On the Tuesday or Wednesday before that day, Jack got a cold, followed by a cough and low fever. He was sleeping good and eating pretty well except for Wednesday when he wouldn’t eat solid food but he nursed fine. On Saturday morning he started wheezing so we called the on-call pediatrician. We actually had to call twice since the first time she never got back to us but when she finally did she told us to go to the ER to get him checked out since this was the first time he’s wheezed. We went to the ER in the afternoon. All the nurses and doctors said he was a happy wheezer. He was smiling just about the whole time and nothing they did bothered him. Jack was diagnosed with Acute Bronchiolitis which is an infection of the lower lung airways, probably caused by a virus. They gave him a breathing treatment of albuterol but it didn’t help. The doctors said it should take care of itself and we followed up with our pediatrician the following Monday when he was already doing much better. It never seemed to bother him and he is doing great now.


Last week, Justin and I went on a walk with Jack to my old elementary school. We wanted to see if Jack would like the swings. He didn’t. I’m sure you can tell that in the pictures!! He tolerated swinging on Daddy’s lap and going down some slides with Daddy. We also took him on the seesaw which I think he liked. It will be fun when he’s older and he can run around and play on the playground. Justin and I are trying to exercise more so we’ve been going on a walk most days after dinner especially when Jack is a little cranky. It’s so nice that the weather is getting better and warmer (as I write this though, it is raining).






We have already been living back here for a year! Time sure does fly by. Jack is 8 ½ months old and getting bigger everyday, Justin’s almost done with his first year of teaching; he only has about 8 weeks left of school!! Once school is over we will be going out to Idaho for a month. It will be great to see all of Justin’s family and for them to see Jack. Some of them have never seen him so that will be great for them to meet him. It will be fun for Jack to meet his cousin Livy who is two years old. I can’t wait to see them play with each other!

I was just finishing laundry when I put Jack in the laundry basket and he pulled himself up for the first time!! I tried to get a video of it so you can kinda see him stand up but he was a little upset I put him back in it. I also got a video of him laughing!!






2 comments:

Marshall said...

Great update :) Your video of Jack laughing had Marshall & me laughing. He's sure cute! We aren't sure where we are going job wise right now but hopefully we can catch up with you guys when you come to Idaho!

Unknown said...

Let me know when you get out to Idaho!!! I would love to come up and see you..and yes.. I still can't spell.. at all!! haha.. somethings never change