Tuesday, June 9, 2009

It's Official...

Jack is potty trained! It was only a couple of weeks of a few accidents but now he only wears diapers at night! Jack did really good at church yesterday in Nursery about going to the potty and having no accidents. I'm sure we'll have some, like the other day when I forgot to take him to the potty before we went in the car and he couldn't hold it for the last minute of the car ride but that was my fault, not his. We are very excited to have him out of diapers with Cindy coming in 5 weeks. We'll see what he does when she comes but hopefully he won't regress. Justin will be home the whole summer so we're hoping that will help Jack when I'm with Cindy. My sister Rebecca will be home this summer too. Jack loves to talk to her on the webcam. He'll be excited when she's back here and taking care of him when I'm in the hospital with Cindy so Justin can stay with me. Justin's family is also coming out after Cindy is born, so Jack will have plenty of people to play with!

Jack amazes us everyday with the new things he learns! He's learning his shapes and colors and already knows a few of each. Justin's been telling him the story The Three Billy Goats Gruff for a week or two and Jack has most of it memorized already! Jack loves stories and music. He always asks us for more songs if we're singing or playing the piano. We are always excited to see all the new things he learns!

2 comments:

Tony and Traci said...

Congratulations! That must be such a relief not to have 2 kids in diapers. That's one thing I'm not really looking forward to is the potty training.

Crystal said...

Way to go Jack! He's going to be a great big brother! It'll be nice to have family around to keep Jack busy when Cindy is born. I know I loved having my Mom, Dad, sisters and Mother-in-Law around to help out when I had Anneli.